Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Here it is!


Well here I am, starting a blog.
A little about myself to get things started.. Name is Annamay Pierse, age 24, occupation... umm well if you want a real persons job nope don't have one, but I have been a member of Canada's National Swim team for the past 8 years so I guess you could say professional athlete is my occupation. Now, some might say that's not a job, I know it's no pro hockey or pro football, but the 3o+ hours a week that I have to spend consumed with all things swimming I beg to differ.
I live in the best city in the entire world, Vancouver BC, and attend the university of British Columbia.
What else??
I was a member of the Canadian Olympic team this year in Beijing, came 6th in the 200 breaststroke, setting 2 Canadian records in the process, 7th on the medley relay with another record, and 10th in the 100 breaststroke.
The Olympics had been my dream and goal since I started swimming as a rambunctious 6 year old. Let me tell you, it was freekin amazing, everything about it; the competition, the Chinese people, Beijing, everything. It is almost too difficult to put it into words, well writing words, I can pretty much talk to anyone about anything at anytime.
I am completely obsessed with shopping, it is a total addiction, I swear. I could shop for anything and everything and usually do. :) There is nothing better then walking around downtown Vancouver with a Starbucks, heading into Holt Renfrew, or Browns, or one of my favorites, the Runway section at Winners.
Well I should be in class right now, so I am going to head out, get myself a Starbucks, and perhaps learn a little something.
Toodaloo

No comments: