Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello Blogging world.... again....


Hello out there to those blog readers, especially my sister Grainne who for 2 years has relentlessly checked this blog with no updates, so I have promised her that I would get back on the blogging train, here I am, I'm back!

Hmmmm so what to write about? Well I guess not too much has changed with my day to day life, still swimming, still living in Vancouver, still a little crazy, you know all the fun things in life.
Actually today is the day that my mortgage all went through and I am officially a home owner in one of the most expensive cities in the world! Yay me! I move in next week and cannot be more excited for my creative juices to get flowing and make that place truly amazing and mine. I will post pictures once I have painted and decorated and let you all see what sort of skills I have, I will give you a little teaser and say that I am going to have a shoe closet!!!! Not entirely like the one SJP gets in Sex in the City, but it is going to be my own version and painted Louboutin Red. Why? Because that is the color of the most amazing shoes ever made!
Now that I have bought an apartment there is no way I will be buying anymore of those shoes for a very long time :-( Perhaps someone will love me enough and buy them for me..... haha

OK well anyways moving on..... I am currently in Victoria for World Championship trials. The meet starts Wed and first up is the 200 breast, it is weird, I don't think I have been at a meet where 200 breast is the first event up. I am a little nervous but that being said, I have pre-qualified in the 200 which means that a lot of the pressure is off and I just need to go out and have some fun. That should be pretty easy since I just love racing, and am swimming some great events, the 50, 100, & 200 Breast and...... the 200 IM!!! A race that I haven't swam in 4 years and am totally pumped for! It is always such a fun race to swim when tapered should be good!! We have some pretty speedy girls in Canada right now in that race, the plan is to be right in the mix of it.
Last year was such a disaster for me and I am really looking forward to redemption in 2011. This will be my first tapered meet since recovering from Dengue fever I really can't wait to see how it all goes.
Well..... this seems like it is a good enough post for my first time back, I don't want to bore you all to death with my blabbing on, but don't you worry I will be back later in the week to let you know how it is all going.

xox
Dream big
Annamay

3 comments:

Grainne said...

Oh this makes me really quite happy that you have stated blogging again. Yay!

Danielle Burton said...

I'm the mom of the sisters who presented you with your medal in the 200 Breast tonight. What an amazing ambassador your are for the sport of swimming. I am so grateful that you were so generous with them. Such an amazing experience for a couple of young swimmers.... needless to say you have four new and and very devoted fans! We'll be cheering for you all the way to Shanghai and beyond.
Danielle

MSB said...

Annamay - Congrats on the swim. Also on beating so much last year. We met at the Lifesport Vancouver tri when you swam for the green guys. I was hoping to ask you about magnesium - could you please contact me? michelle.ball@ppsc.gc.ca