Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Overwhelmed

I should be sleeping right now but I can't shut my brain off enough to actually relax and get tired enough to sleep.
I am feeling rather overwhelmed and don't even know where to start. My room, my house, school, among others are in complete disarray and instead of an attempt to manage all of this I end up just sitting on my couch distracting myself from it with time wasting measures. It is truly amazing how much time one can waste on the computer and on television.
My house looks like it has been bulldozed,,, mostly because I have so much crap everywhere and no where to put it. I am not organized enough to have places to put my bills after I pay them or the countless number of silly things I keep thinking that one day I will need them or do something with; such as scrapbook. Lets be honest... you need way more patience than I have to do something such as scrap booking. And as things get worse and keep piling up I leave them, because it is easier to leave it than deal with it.
The past few weeks have been quite amazing, I will admit, however my poor organizational skills are leading to very poorly managed time. School,,,, while yes I usually do not put an exorbitant amount of work into, is getting nothing at all. This is not going to help me graduate by December!
I love all the messages people have been sending me, the support has been truly amazing!! I feel that I should respond and let them know how much it means to me, but there have honestly been so many that that in itself is overwhelming. So if I do not get to you soon, I do appreciate it more than you know, thank you!!!
I really just need someone like a clutter expert to de-clutter my life, set me up a time table, get me started,,,, I know I can be organized and clutter free, but need a good swift kick in the behind to get there.
I guess this is kind of like my swimming, if it wasn't for Jozsef turning my training upside down and inside out I never would be where I am today. Sooo,,,, what is needed then is an outside the pool Joszef to get me in order!! haha
The funny thing about all of this is that I am not overwhelmed in any part with my swim! I knew I could do it and had planned in my mind to go that fast since November maybe even earlier,, I can't wait to get back to training and have that structured constant daily routine in my life.
Well I guess I should try and sleep,,,, big day tomorrow! It's the Sport BC awards night, and I am a nominee for Female athlete of the year. I know I am not wining (I am up against Carol Huyng who won not only Canada's first medal in Beijing but a GOLD to boot!), but it is still pretty amazing to be one of the top 3. Plus my good friend Ryan Cochrane will be here as a male nomination!!
So until later...
Toodaloo
xox

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAME HERE BEFORE I WENT TO perez! Now THAT is true love :) I think you should DEFINITELY hire me as your personal organizer...i would LOVE to make you fun little organizational systems so you have a place to put all your bills and everything. FUN!!!!!!!!! Love ya and hope you get some sleep.

Erika said...

I am 13 years old and I am a competative swimmer. I made Sr. Nationals for the first time this year, in the 200 breat stroke, by .3 tenths and I was so excited!! My first national meet was so insperational, in lots of ways, but your race was just sooooo AMAZING!!! It was the most awing experience in my life so far, and someday I would just Love to get a world record of my own. You are my idol along with lots of other peoples and I am so glad I found a way to semi contact you. And by the way--though I know you have know idea who i am and what i look like--you smiled at me after your race on the way to your warmdown. I will always remember that. I really wish I could have gotten your autograph then, but maybe, just maybe i will get a chanse in montreal at long couse nationals. Well now i need to get some sleep cause i got a double practice tomorrow. night.:)

Anonymous said...

Annamay, I just interviewed Mike Blondal of Calgary's team for a story. I would love to talk to you too. Me mentions you alot. dash me an email and we can connect - sarah@coeurideas.com. I am hoping your story will inspire more girls in the pool.

goyestoeverything.com said...

Annamay Pierse sets world record in Rome!!!!!

Congratulations Ms. Pierse! We are all so proud of you here in Canada.

Enjoy your moment, you earned it and thank you for making my day!

www.goyestoeverything.com

Anonymous said...

Are your parents Irish Annamay? There are Pierses in Ireland

Wilf said...

Hi Annamay...Congradulations on being named senior female athlete of the year. It was such a pleasure meeting you during the Olympics at Canada house and cherish the photos we have of you with The Dolly Lammy.
Check it out at the photo gallery www.thedollylammy.com
Much success to both of us, Wilf

Hil said...

My little girl has just taken up swimming lessons and her swimming instructor says she is a natural. She absolutely loves it. It is her new found passion.