Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Recap

Been a few days since I posted last... and quite the week it has been.
First off,,, thank goodness for light poles!
Last Thursday after dropping my sisters off from a lovely dinner together, I get home, am sitting on my couch and about 5 minutes later some drunk idiot decided to smash into the cars parked on the street outside my building!! I don't think I have ever heard something so loud, no screeching of breaks just a slam! crash! Instantly I ran outside to see what had happened. A poor girl sitting on the steps of our building, lucky to be alive was the first person I ran to and check to see if she was alright, thank goodness she was more in shock than anything.
One of the pictures I took on my phone of the truck that crashed into the parked ones didn't load so you will have to make believe it was there. As for the white truck you see below; it was parked where I almost always park my little car, smashed into the silver car in front of it, completely totaling the back of it and then swinging around on to the pavement. The drunk trunk had so much force and speed it caused the white truck to spin off the road; if there had not been the lamp pole there the truck would probably have had so much force it would have flown down the pavement right towards the living room of my condo. Thank goodness no one was hurt including the drunk idiot who crashed. Who by the way had open alcohol in his truck.
I really don't get drunk drivers,, seriously you are an idiot!! Not only do you put yourself in danger, but everyone around you. He had better not ever get his license back is all I have to say!
Above is the divet in the ground from the drunk truck flying up on the pavement.

On a different happier note,,,,,
I'm in Toronto for our spring national, woo hoo!!! Taper is in full force and I am feeling speedy :)
Racing starts tomorrow, can't wait to race!
As well, on Sunday night, Grainne and I went to a dinner at Jane Roos (Can Fund founder) for International Women's Day. It was such a wonderful inspiring evening. Jane had us dress in black and white and when we arrived she had a photographer there to do a photo shoot with all of us. Sooooooo much fun!!! Dinner was delicious, cooked by Jane's lovely husband Conrad, the table talk was incredibly inspiring; being at that table with 8 other wonderful accomplished strong women was quite something. Just when you think Jane Roos couldn't possibly be more amazing, she goes and throws a dinner like this bringing great people together, has a wonderful dinner planned and then on top of all that she makes you walk out of there feeling like you are so special, unique, incredible and make a difference in the lives of so many people.

This is just one of the photo's from that night, when I get more I will post them. :)
Well I will keep you all informed with my results this week! If you want to watch, there will be live streaming Internet feed from the Swim Canada site. www.swimming.ca
Bed time for me :)
Toodaloo
xox

No comments: