Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hells YA!!!

Canadians are KICKING AS*!! That's right!! There has been some serious domination going down here in the T-dot. I think so far 15 plus Canadian records have gone down the drain, which is totally awesome.
Yesterday I had the 50 breast, went a best time 30.32, under the old Canadian record but,,, I was second,,,, Amanda Reason, a little (well not so little) 15 year old went super fast 29.96! Totally great for her, and great to see the younger generation of Canadians coming up to challenge us old geezers :)
Today was the 100 breast, had an easy and relaxed swim this morning, with a 1.06.9, pretty much just went in there to make the final and get ready for tonight. Felt quite fabulous in warm up, and was super excited to race. First up for the night was the men's 800 free; Ryan Cochrane had a dominating swim breaking his own CR by I think 9 more seconds.... what a CHAMP!!! Next up was the 100 free,,,, fellow teammate Brent Hayden had another world class swim, posting a blistering 46.27, knocking a second off the old record of Colin Russel.
Then it was me!!!! Race felt relaxed and in control, second 50 could have been a little bit more controlled and streamline but overall, touched the wall at 1.04.67!!!!! Wooo Hoo!!! That puts me FIRST in the world this year, and 3rd all time EVER!!!!!
Such a great set up for my 200 on Saturday. I am soooooooo excited to race!!!! (but pretty glad to have a day off tomorrow)
In some other swims, Tanya Hunks had a fabulous swim in her 400 IM breaking Joanne Malar's CR, and lil sista Hanna having quite the race as well going 4.37 best time by 3 seconds, a bronze medal and all in all just a fantastic swim for her!!!!
Well, time to try and get some sleep. Stay tuned for some more fabulous swimming from the Canadians!!!! (Check the results online at www.swimming.ca)
Toodaloo
xoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Annamay!
I'm Jen,I live in Ontario and I am a 15 year old breaststroker and I just want to say congratulations on an awesome swim meet in Toronto! I was at the meet too! I just wanted to let you know that you are such an inspiration! Unfortunantly I didn't stay for the 200m breaststroke finals, I begged my mom to stay but she wanted to get on the road before it got too dark. But fortunatly your race was put on facebook and I had a chance to watch it! It gave me goose bumps girl!!! It was awesome!!! Congrats! Oh and! this might be really wierd for you to read, but my friend Dom and I were on the elevator the night before 200m breast, we were going out to get something to eat, but I was just too chicken to introduce myself and tell you how much I look up to you! Im so mad I didn't!! Also that night on our way back to the hotel, your coach was on the elevator with us...so I thought that was pretty cool, but again I was super nuvous and couldn't say anything lol so i just sat there and accedently dropped my cesar salad and he picked it up for me haha!!!
Anyways I have rambled on enough!
Congrats again girl!!! keep it up!

Jen!

Anonymous said...

HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU :-)

-Dawn