Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm BACK!

After a 2 month hiatus, and much begging from my beloved fans,,,, I am Back!
It’s been a while I know so with a quick recap this was the past 2 months....
Went to Vegas, had a phenomenal time (apart from the snow that showed up.. who knew it snowed there? that and the blisters that did such damage to my feet I still have the scars 2 months later)
Went to Canmore for Christmas.... Had some amazing family time, got spoilt rotten, ate some delicious food, trained a little (went to the pool one day and there were 3 Olympians training, how cool is that? myself, Zoe Hoskins-Light- rower, and Simon Whitfield- triathlete medalist)
Came back to Vancouver to more snow than they have had in oh maybe EVER!!! What the hey? I so did not move to Vancouver for snow,,,
Had training camp here in Vancouver, went alright, way better than last year, didn't end up with any injuries wooo hoooo
New Years,,, WOOP WOOP welcome to 2009, can't believe it is already 2009, 2008 flew by so fast, but wow what a year it was, absolutely amazing.
Classes started again, ugh,, but actually in some pretty interesting classes, including a children lit class that I get to read Harry Potter in. Who could ask for a better class.
Then life got a little bit boring, school, swim, eat, sleep, and repeat
24 started!!!! Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack Bauer and Tony Almeda!!! They are so bad ass, what an amazing show.
We had our Can West championships in Victoria, the T-Birds had a pretty awesome meet, but Calgary just has so many more swimmers than us, they out scored us by a mile. I was pretty impressed with how I swam there, both of my races were faster than my results from CIS last year, which at the time were both Canadian records, so pretty good times to start the year with.
We have had some death training lately, I swear the better I get the harder Joe gets with me. I know this is a good thing but it doesn't make it any easier. It does however get me pretty pumped for the season ahead.
The weekend after Can West we had the annual BC Sr champs, with a top prize of 2500$ for the top swimmer of the meet. Your best 2 swims prelims and finals were added up and averaged. I ended up winning by about .5 of a point. WOO HOO, I can pay the bills for another month. Gotta love being an athlete in Canada, money just flows in..... (cough*cough)
Since the beginning of February I have been down in Ft Lauderdale Florida training with our National center swimmers. Things are going well, apart from Florida being the coldest it has been in years.... (I think I have bad luck with weather this year) Feeling pretty dead, but I know it will be worth it in the end. We have our university national championships in a week and a half, I am pumped! I love CIS and this is my 5th and final year racing as a T-Bird, one of the best parts is it's on home turf and almost my whole family is going to be there and countless amounts of friends!!
Well I guess that is all for now, enjoy the recap and stay tuned for incoming posts
Toodaloo
xox

No comments: