Thursday, November 13, 2008

Adventures and Thanks

Wooo Hooo.... Starbucks came out with their wonderful Christmas stuff today :) It is actually almost as exciting as real Christmas, so I am sitting here, writing this entry and sipping on an eggnog latte. YUMMY!
Being a professional athlete is not always the easiest. I love it, but the huge amount of time it consumes sometimes makes life difficult. I have never had enough time to have a "real" job, and as we all know the Canadian funding system is really not the greatest (unless you are a winter sport), therefore finding the funding and means to keep ones self afloat can be super difficult. Sometimes there are amazing funds out there formed just for the purpose of helping us athletes make it to the top. The Canadian Athletes Now fund is one of those funds. Jane Roos, the founder, since its inception in 1996 has given bursaries to so many Canadian athletes it is astounding. I was one of the fortunate athletes last year to receive her bursary, it made such a difference in my financial capabilities, for a while I did not have to worry at all how I was going to pay for my swimming. So to Jane and everyone at Canadian Athletes Now Fund THANK YOU!!!!!
This weekend the Canadian Athletes Now Fund is having a live telethon and auction on Shaw TV. Shaw is going to match the donations made by up to 500, 000$ WOW! That is 1 million for Canadian athletes!! I am linking a website so all of you can go and check out the fabulous auction items, or simply donate to this wonderful cause.
http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/AboutShaw/MakingItHappen/AuctionItems.html

Support your athletes and please donate.

On another note.... I had some extra time yesterday,,, I really should have been writing my paper... but instead my sister Hanna and I had ourselves a little picture adventure.

Hanna and I in the car pumping ourselves up before the adventureA little car dancing to get pumped up.Laughing after Hanna gets a little to intense and hits her head...A little bit of physio to make sure all is in working orderOur Championship banners from CIS for the past 11 years!The stairs our breaststroking group has to frog hop up dailyHanna found a very interesting book... hmm I wonder??Ooops Hanna got stuck in a bush...Somebody lost a pretty glove with a bow :(Playing in the leaves, how fun!All the fun Christmas toys YAY!And that is the end of our adventure!! Finishing at the place we call home :)

No comments: