Friday, November 14, 2008

Team TB

Finally! I have had a few good workouts in the past 2 days, this not breathing thing really is not too fun when it comes to hard workouts and you basically are doing them without oxygen. But yesterday I pulled through and sucked it up and had a good one. Now when it comes to workouts with coach Joe a good workout does not just mean swimming through the whole workout, it means that you are kicking some serious butt!! And that is what I did last night! I thought I was going to barf for a good hour afterwards but it was sooooo worth it. I hate not being able to train at my full potential, and what sucks more is that there is really not much that I can do about it. I have some sort of vocal dysfunction, this means that my vocal cords are getting irritated for some reason and spasming and then closing. NOT FUN! I sound just awful when it starts to happen, and getting air both in and out becomes a challenge.
My little group that I train with consists of 4 amazing girls, TEAM TB! (The TB stands for tough Bi*%h) It's true, there are not many people who can handle the workouts and stuff that we do day in and day out. People have tried,,,, they come in planning on doing it for a week or two and crash and burn somewhere in the first week completely unable to handle it and go home with their tails between their legs. It is pretty awesome to know that what I am doing in training can out do many people in the swimming world. It is quite the mental boost when you hop up on those blocks to race.
I believe in honest training. Giving it your all and not giving up. Now this means that when you are not doing what you should you are going to get called out on it! And fair enough, but the thing is you have to make sure that when you do call someone out its has to be at the proper time and for the right reason. It is super annoying when you are doing a really hard set and someone is consistently behind by quite a bit because they aren't trying, and then on the last one all of a sudden they take off and beat you, you have worked your butt off the entire way and they get the glory of the last one. (We like to call this save it up Sammy) However, this accounts only for sets that matter.... and if you still beat the person on the last one well then ya it is still annoying but really don't worry about it. And do not start calling someone out on a set that isn't important.
My other little is here saying I have to say how fabulous she is... so hi Winnie, you are a fabulous dork! xox
Well thats all..
Today was brought to you by the letter G, the number 6 and my 3$TH crew
toodaloo

No comments: