Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good Enough

Swam at the Cascade Slingshot speed meet today, all I had was the 100 breast, was supposed to be in the 200 IM as well but decided against it. I didn't think I had enough background training behind me to have any sort of decent swim and Joszef said to just concentrate on the "important" stroke. So breaststroke was all it was.
Took the morning pretty east, coach Joszef told me just to swim into the finals and have a lane for tonight, so that was basically what I did. Tonight however was a different story, the goal was to go in there and see how fast I could possibly go. Although I haven't had much in the training lately my technique has had a ton of work. I guess when you can't go fast there has to be something you work on.
Final time was... 1.06.63... Best time by half a second and therefor a new Canadian record by the same thing. Woo hooo! Good enough.... haha that is the usual answer from my coach, good enough for today but tomorrow we have to find a way to go faster. I must admit, after swimming with him for 2 years I have adopted the same mantra. Don't get me wrong I am pumped, but the fact of the matter is I am still 3 seconds off the world record. Need to learn how to go faster. :)
Had a lil family time today, always awesome. As I said before we are super close, most people looking in from the outside just usually laugh when they see the 5 of us together. We are usually in our own little world and don't care much for anyone else.
My two youngest sisters were adorning the tshirts my older brother made for us and all of his friends while I was at the Olympics. Quite the shirt I must say... There was probably a good dozen of them being worn as I raced in Beijing, makes me feel really special!! And yup, they sent me my very own. Not sure if I will wear it in public, but hey, it's a pretty sweet. Michael and his girlfriend Danielle sporting their team Annamay shirts.

Well till tomorrow...
Toodaloo

1 comment:

Rianna said...

Where do I get me one of those shirts? hehe, they're awesome!