Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Busy Week

It has been quite the busy week, from papers due, to a mountain (and yes I mean mountain) of laundry, and packing, I can't believe it is Wednesday already.
Flew to Toronto today for the Canada Cup swim meet that will be held at the Etobicoke Olympian all weekend. Had to get up at the crack of dawn (ugh) 5am, to get to the airport for 5:50, luckily I have a pretty great roomie who didn't mind getting up and driving me there. xox
Should be a pretty speedy meet, the first real racing since the Olympics, I am pretty pumped. It is going to be awesome as well to see the teammates I haven't seen since we left Beijing 2 months ago wholy moley I mean 3 months,,, wow has time ever flown by. I am pretty much swimming the usual, 50, 100, 200 breaststroke, and the 100 IM (woo hoo I never get to branch out). There is some great competition here, Tara Kirk from Stanford will be a great race in the 50 and 100, her best times are pretty speedy, and she is just coming back from some great swims at the world cups so I look forward to that.
The Big Splash in on tomorrow night, this is our much much smaller version of the Americans Golden Goggle awards. But all in all a great time to celebrate what we achieved this past year. Over 30 Canadian records were broken last year, a feat that has not happened in well.. almost forever. It is really amazing to see how much better we are becoming as a swimming nation. I am very proud. Also.... I happen to be the MC for tomorrow nights processions,,, eeek, a little nervous, kinda,,, meh not really, this is what I do best :) Stand up in front of people and talk! haha!

We don't come to Toronto very often but I love when we do.. not so much because of the pool (it is actually a dump with no air!) but because I get to see one of my bestest friends in the world Nikki. We went to high school together and were pretty much forced to be friends because of our vice principal. See she was the new kid in school and a synchro swimmer, so he figured I was around the pool a lot, and so was she so we may as well give it a try. One embarrassing hockey game later,,, it was inevitable. Friends always. Man the adventures the two of us have gotten into I don't even think people would believe them. Lets just say, there will never be a Thanksgiving that goes by, or a Valentines day that I don't think of her.There is always an adventure to be had when Nikki is around!
Well, I will let ya all know how it goes in the days to come.
Toodaloo from Chilly Toronto

No comments: